Thursday, October 4, 2012

Print Sketch

1. Why is texture so important to have in your sketches?
It is important to have texture in your sketches because that is what makes the drawing look realistic and three-dimensional. Adding texture makes the sketch come to life.

2. Why is it neccessary for you to have several references of each animal and each background? Explain.
It was helpful to have several references of each animal and background because it allowed me to study the different angles of the animals to decide in what position I wanted to draw them. Having several references helped in that I didn't have to go off of just one picture. I was also able to take the parts I liked most about each reference and incorporate them into my sketch, which I thought made it more original.

 
3. When you look at your sketches are you able to see which sketch is the strongest and will make the best print? How do you know this? 
I am not yet sure which of my sketches will make the best print. There are things that I like and dislike about each sketch, so I will have to make some improvements to all of them before I decide which one is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment