Monday, December 3, 2012

Anamorphosis Drawing




1. First, I Googled a picture of a long, heeled boot and copied the image into Photoshop. Then, I transformed the image by stretching it  out vertically and changed the scale to widen it. I printed out the image and then proceeded to split the page up into 1" squares to create a grid. Afterwards, I made a grid in my sketchbook and drew the boot as it appeared in the printed picture. I colored in the boot, trying to add value to the drawing by mixing the brown and black, and added in a shadow.

2. Distorting and stretching the object allowed me to present my colored pencil anamorphosis to the viewer in a different perspective. If I had printed out the original picture of the boot and drawn it that way on my sketchbook, my drawing would have been smaller and flatter. By distorting and stretching the image, I was able to create a more lifelike and life-size drawing.

3. The most important concepts in this project were distorting the object and adding value to the drawing. Distorting the object allow for it to be seen in a different perspective, and adding value brings the image to life and makes it jump off the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment